95

Ghost Town Coffee Roasters

Holiday Blend

Location: Bozeman, Montana

Origin: Ethiopia; Kenya.

Roast: Medium-Light

Est. Price: $15.25/12 ounces

Review Date: December 2015

Agtron: 54/77

Aroma: 9

Acidity: 9

Body: 9

Flavor: 9

Aftertaste: 9

Blind Assessment:

Intricately sweet, delicately composed. Lilac-like flowers, blueberry, pink grapefruit zest, cocoa nib in aroma and cup. Vibrant, lyrical acidity; silky-smooth mouthfeel. Richly drying fruit- and floral-toned finish.

Notes:

This exceptional coffee was selected as the No. 24 coffee on Coffee Review’s list of the Top 30 Coffees of 2015. This blend is composed of 70% Ethiopia Hambela, a coffee produced from heirloom varieties of Arabica typical of Ethiopia and processed by the dry-processed or “natural” method, meaning the beans were dried inside the fruit rather than after the fruit has been removed. The remaining 30% of the blend formula is comprised of a fine Kenya coffee processed by the more conventional wet or “washed” method, meaning the soft fruit residue is “washed” from the beans before they are dried, typically netting a brighter, more transparent cup than the dry or natural method. Ghost Town is a small-batch roaster, wholesaler, equipment supplier and training resource located in Bozeman, Montana that takes great care in responsibly sourcing top-quality specialty coffees. Visit www.ghosttowncoffee.com or call 406-586-0777 for more information.

Who Should Drink It: Those interested in a thoughtfully curated blend of outstanding Ethiopia and Kenya coffees in an impressively balanced, fruit- and floral-toned cup.


This review originally appeared in the December, 2015 tasting report: Holiday Coffees 2015

Post a Comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.