The COVID-19 pandemic is causing personal and professional hardships in coffee communities locally and around the world. You can help roasters weather the current crisis is by purchasing coffee and gift cards.
Please shop at the following advertisers who support our mission as an independent publication that produces objective coffee report and reviews.
- Coava is a Portland-based coffee roaster, now with a San Diego location as well, that aims to provide quality coffee and education regarding the preparation of exceptional coffee.
- Founded in 2015, the Greater Goods mission is to enrich the lives of coffee-drinkers through passion, creativity, innovation and commitment to the consistency of the specialty coffee the company roasts and to the local causes supported with its proceeds.
Hala Tree Kona Coffee
Hala Tree Coffee is a family-owned organic Kona coffee farm located near Captain Cook village, in the heart of the Kona coffee belt, overlooking historic Kealakekua Bay. The 100% Kona Coffee produced on this USDA organic-certified property is processed and roasted on site to ensure quality.
- In business for ten years, GoCoffeeGo offers coffees from two dozen award-winning roasters on one site with one easy checkout. They feature highly rated coffees including those from Roast Magazine's Roaster of the Year award winners such as PT's, Klatch, Equator, Bird Rock and Olympia Coffee. Joining this elite group are the leading names in the 3rd and 4th wave coffee roasting movement: JBC Roasters, Temple,1000faces, Doma, Ritual, Barefoot, Novo, Kuma, Dogwood, Beanfruit, Atomic, and more. All coffee is roasted-to-order and shipped direct from the roaster to the customer.
Located in the small city of Chia-Yi, Taiwan, Kakalove Café is a nano-roaster that strives to procure and roast the finest quality coffees for customers in Taiwan and around the world. The company has earned more than a dozen 91+ reviews from Coffee Review. Kakalove Café是個小咖啡店, 在台灣小城-嘉義提供優質的咖啡豆
- Thanksgiving Coffee was founded in 1972 by Paul and Joan Katzeff, and in the over forty years since, has continually innovated and brought a passionate and consistent voice on behalf of coffee as a source of pleasure and a force for justice in the world. Over its history, Thanksgiving has changed with the world, but its leadership and commitment to coffee quality and to social, economic and environmental responsibility has not wavered. Click on our logo to skim through Thanksgiving’s colorful history as both a local and global presence, and to view our current range of fine and classic coffees.
- Buy farm direct 100% Kona Coffee. All Hula Daddy coffee is grown, processed and roasted on their plantation in Kona, Hawaii. Hula Daddy Kona Coffee is only sold farm direct, either at their farm or their website. If customers are not satisfied we have a no-questions-asked refund policy. Hula Daddy's 96-point Kona Mocca was ranked as the No. 1 coffee on Coffee Review's list of the Top 30 Coffees of 2018.
- Paradise Coffee Roasters is a Minnesota-based online retailer and wholesaler of elite single-origin coffees and top-rated espressos. In fact, Paradise's coffees have earned scores of 94+ points from Coffee Review on more than 30 times and have appeared in the Coffee Review Top 30 on four occasions. Paradise Coffee Roasters prides itself on roasting and shipping coffee only after orders are placed.
- Klatch Coffee is an award-winning small-batch roasting company in the Los Angeles area with a recently established but quite distinguished record as a coffee leader and innovator. Roastermaster Mike Perry blends a background in chemical engineering with a love for great coffee to balance science and art in creating consistently outstanding, highly rated coffees and espressos. Resident barista and trainer, Heather Perry, won the 2003 United States Barista Championship brewing a Coffee Klatch espresso blend.
JBC Coffee Roasters
JBC Coffee Roasters was founded in 1994 as Johnson Brothers Coffee Roasters and is a family-owned specialty coffee roastery located in Madison, Wisconsin. JBC Coffee Roaster’s vision is simple: let the coffee lead the way. Licensed Q grader and experienced international coffee judge/cupper Michael Johnson and his team share their knowledge of and passion for quality coffee with all of their customers. They trek up precarious mountain roads in pick-up trucks while in search of unique farms and growers and meticulously slurp and sniff coffee in their cupping lab in the effort to source and roast the best and most unique coffees available and reward the farmers who grow them with prices typically above and beyond fair-trade mandated rates.
Espresso Republic, founded in Chino, California in 2010, specializes in sourcing quality coffees and roasting them in small batches for both retail and wholesale customers in greater Los Angeles and throughout the United States.
- Established in 2004, Amavida Coffee Roasters is an organic, fair trade specialty coffee company that strives to deliver the best tasting, flavorful and freshly roasted coffee beans to retailers and wholesale suppliers in Florida and beyond. The company name combines the Spanish words for love and life, reflecting Amavida’s multifaceted commitment to fairness and fine coffee.
Lexington Coffee Roasters
Founded in 1990, Lexington Coffee is an award-winning artisan roasting company based in Virginia. Lexington’s focus on fresh, flavorful and sustainable coffee is reflected in its motto, “Fresh, Flavorful & Fair.” Lexington Coffee has earned a spot on Coffee Review's annual Top 30 Coffees list in four separate years.
- Located in the Puna district on the Big Island of Hawaii, Big Island Coffee Roasters is an award-winning farm and roaster of beautiful, micro-lot coffees. With an emphasis on experimentation, innovation and education, roastmaster Kelleigh Stewart and farmer Brandon von Damitz skillfully craft and source specialty coffees which highlight the diversified terroir of Hawaii. Retail and wholesale customers can expect a varied menu of seasonal Hawaiian classics and authentic originals.
Trade Coffee Co.
Trade Coffee's mission is to help you make better coffee at home. Whether you’re a seasoned spiral-pouring Chem-expert or have a trusty automatic drip, they can inspire any cup with their obsessively curated collection of seasonal, freshly roasted-to-order coffees. Trade works with dozens of leading roasters that are committed to the highest standards of ethical sourcing, quality, and tireless experimentation in the name of beverage perfection, no matter how you take your cup.
- Temple Coffee is quality-focused retail and wholesale specialty roaster active in Sacramento, California since 2005. Committed to sourcing, roasting and brewing the finest coffees, Temple features coffee from distinguished single estates and cooperatives around the world. Temple also is active within the barista competition community, offering coffee and espresso classes for baristas and retail and wholesale customers alike at its roasterie and training facility.
- Willoughby's Coffee & Tea was founded in 1985 by Bob Williams and Barry Levine. For more than thirty years, the company's core mission has been to produce the finest and freshest coffee beans possible and deliver products and service that are unparalleled in the marketplace. They continue to deliver on their mission by embracing the guiding principles of Quality, Freshness, Value, and Commitment.
- Barrington Coffee is passionate about discovering the world's finest and most exciting coffees each season, roasting them to perfection and delivering fresh to customers. They believe that a truly great coffee should be roasted to highlight its inherent quality without imparting overwhelming roast. Providing exquisite coffee and exceptional service since 1993.
- For the past 20 years, PT's Coffee has centered on artisan roasting and freshness, underscored by its mission to directly source over 80% of its coffee offerings directly from the top farmers in the world. A proud supporter of Coffee Review since 2000, over half of PT's coffee submissions have earned scores of 92+ points, with more than a dozen earning scores of 95+ points.
The WestBean Coffee Roasters
Phone: (619) 709-3232
A cup of coffee is beautiful in its simplicity. However, the process from seed to cup is far from simple. By respecting how the green coffee makes it into their hands, the WestBean team makes it their responsibility to explore each varietal by diving deeper into the intricacies of the roasting process. Only when the coffee is skillfully roasted does it have a chance to be prepared at the highest level. With twenty 90+ reviews, including the #20 Top Coffee of 2014, and with a Zagat ranking as One of the 21 Hottest Coffee Shops in the Nation, The WestBean Coffee Roasters lets their craft speak for itself.
- Mystic Monk Coffee is roasted by Carmelite Monks in their monastery in the silence and solitude of the Rocky Mountains of northern Wyoming. The monks have studied the art of small batch coffee roasting to perfection, and offer a large selection of signature Arabica blends assembled from coffees from all over the world, with the proceeds going to construct a gothic-style monastery. Mystic Monk Coffee's gourmet coffee and unique story is fast attracting a loyal following of coffee lovers.
- Wake up to the world’s finest artisan coffees! Bean Box hand-picks coffees from Seattle and Portland’s top roasters. They take great pride delivering exceptional farm-to-cup coffees to their customers nationwide. Experience why customers love their coffee tasting subscriptions, featured coffees, and coffee gifts. Available online at beanbox.com and on the Bean Box App for iPhone and Android.
At Wonderstate Coffee, formerly Kickapoo Coffee, a passion for exceptional beans and exceptional quality is matched by an unwavering commitment to community and farmer equity. Wonderstate became the country's first 100% solar powered roastery in 2015 and committed to one of the highest published minimum price guarantees to farmers in 2017. Based in rural Wisconsin, this small town roaster knows you don’t have to be big to make a big impression.
1st in Coffee, LLC
1st in Coffee offers superior service and low prices on top-quality espresso machines, coffee equipment, and accessories.
- Durango Coffee Company began in 1984 by Carl Rand. Carl was a chef who graduated from the Culinary Institute of America in 1974. After 15 years as a chef, coffee became a full time passion. Durango Coffee Company is a Direct Trade partner with farmers in Costa Rica, Colombia, Guatemala and Brazil. DCC is expanding it’s Direct Trade origins to bring in small unique lots of coffee. With 32 years of roasting experience DCC masterfully roasts each batch to highlight the unique qualities of each origin. Durango Coffee Company provides flat rate shipping at $4.95 for any quantity.
Jackrabbit Java strives to source the finest coffees from around the world. All coffees are roasted to order in Thermopolis, Wyoming’s fresh mountain air. Founded in 2014 and boasting over a dozen 90+ pointed coffee reviews, Jackrabbit Java has achieved a spot on the Top 30 coffees list in 2019.
Phone: [email protected]
Founded in 2015 by roaster James Parrish, Rhetoric Coffee is roasted at CoRo, Bay Area Co-Roasters (www.corocoffee.com), a collaborative community roasting space in Berkeley, California. The company's mission is to bring consumers the best roasted coffee in the United States paired with fantastic comic-book inspired art. Rhetoric's passion is sourcing the best of both art and coffee and paying a premium to everyone involved.
- Boulder, Colorado-based Dragonfly Coffee Roasters was named 2019 Micro-Roaster of the Year by Roast magazine. Dragonfly strives to source and roast the finest coffees from small farms and farming cooperatives worldwide. Dragonfly brings this journey home to the consumer from seed to cup. With a graceful blend of culinary artistry and chemical engineering the Dragonfly team brings new meaning to the art of coffee and the science of espresso.
Jampot Poorrock Abbey
The Jampot opened in 1986 on the Keweenaw Peninsula, the northernmost point of Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, selling handmade preserves from locally grown berries under the Poorrock Abbey name. Over the years, Poorrock has added a robust line of baked goods, candies and specialty coffees that have earned multiple 90-point reviews. Proceeds support the vision and works of Holy Transfiguration Skete, a Byzantine Catholic Monastery.
- Peach Coffee Roasters, founded in 2018 by Q-graders David Pittman and Landon Bonner, operates a coffee roastery and cafe in Johns Creek, Georgia, outside of Atlanta. Peach Coffee strives to produce world-class coffees while having a positive impact on the customers and communities that it serves.